Eckhart Tolle Foundation operates the EckhartTolleFoundation.org website, which provides educational resources and information about the Foundation. Eckhart Tolle Foundation is committed to the lawful, fair, and transparent collection and use of personal data. This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information of anyone who decided to use our website.
Eckhart Tolle Foundation respects your privacy while you are an online visitor to our website. Your privacy is of great importance to us, and our website has been developed with that in mind. We recognize your right to know what information is being collected about you and how that information will be used, as well as our obligation to protect what we do collect. At our website, we do not collect personal information, unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly.
We acknowledge your right:
- To know what purpose the information gathered might be used.
- To know with what other entities the information gathered might be shared.
- To a guarantee of reasonable security of any data collected.
- To Limit the sharing of your information with third parties for direct marketing purposes;
- To a guarantee of data accuracy and fidelity.
- To have information blocked or deleted, as appropriate.
- To access to data gathered to ensure accuracy and fidelity.
- To choose not to be included in any use of the data unrelated to the stated purpose for which the data was collected.
- To choose not to be included in any transfer of data to any third party for any use unrelated to the stated purpose for which the data was collected.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us. We will apply your choices going forward.
(1) Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our website, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, email address, home or work address, employer, company, organization name, and job title. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you. We may also collect Credit or debit card information, credit card payments, or bank account information collected from you when requesting an online pledge or donation.
Do not provide personal data about others unless you are authorized or required to do so by contract or applicable law. You may provide personal data on behalf of another person if you have provided them with a copy of this notice and any applicable supplemental privacy notice, and obtained their explicit consent. We may ask you to provide evidence of that notice and consent.
(2) Log Data
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our website, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics, as well as the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows or Mac OS), CPU type (e.g., Pentium Intel Core), your manner of connecting to the internet (e.g., connection speed through narrowband or broadband access); other information about your geographic location; and/or the domain name of your internet service provider. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is logged in our server log files along with other information about your activity on our Site. We use your IP address for the purposes of calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with our servers, and generally administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is a standard practice on the Internet.
(3) Cookies and Google Analytics
Cookies are files with small amount of data that are commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your computer. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website.
(4) How We Use Information We Collect
We may use personal information we collect in the following ways:
- Fulfillment of requests. We may use personal information collected from you to provide you with the website services you requested.
- Payment Processing. Eckhart Tolle Foundation uses third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment, and information processing services. If you choose to make a payment online, by phone, through the mail, or by other means, we will share your personal information with our processing service providers. We authorize these service providers to use your personal information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. We require these service providers by contract to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf.
- Administrative communications. From time to time, we may use personal information you provide us to contact you about the website services you have ordered or important changes to the site. Because this information may be important to your use of the website, the fulfillment of your request, or required by Federal regulation, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
- Business Partners. We may partner with other companies to fulfill the products or services that you order. We may disclose personal information to third parties who provide services to us in connection with fulfilling your requests. For example, if you make a donation by credit card, certain personal information may be supplied to our bank partner for purposes of processing a credit card transaction. When using the online giving tools available on our website, personal information may be disclosed to organizations maintaining the accounting of contributions and to your payroll office. Additional disclosure may be made to other parties as required by law. Eckhart Tolle Foundation does not otherwise sell, rent, trade, or provide your personal information to outside parties.
- Service Providers. We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
o To facilitate our website;
o To provide services on our behalf;
o To perform related services; or
o To assist us in analyzing how our website is used.
- Law enforcement. We may share your personal data with law enforcement, other government agencies or authorities, or third parties as required by applicable law, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us.
We want to inform our users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
(5) International Data Transfers
We value your trust in providing us your personal information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. These measures include internal and external reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures, including physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations.
When we provide business partners with your information in order to fulfill your request, we require that these parties agree to process such information on our instructions and with appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
When visitors to our website provide personal information, the data is encrypted and protected.
But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security and any such transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
(7) Links to Other Sites
(8) Children’s Privacy
Our website is intended for a general audience of adult professionals. Our website and services do not address anyone under the age of 18. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal identifiable information from children under 18. In the case we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.
(9) Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights